Friday, April 6, 2007

Look where that landed!

Dropped Cone, 2001Stainless and galvanized steels, fiber-reinforced plastic, balsawood; painted with polyester gelcoat39 ft. 10 in. (12.1 m) high x 19 ft. (5.8 m) diameterheight above building: 32 ft. 10 in. (10 m)Neumarkt Galerie, Cologne, Germany


I've been going through some old art school stuff and stumbled upon some pics of my favorite works. I am going to be creating a link list to see the works of my favorite artist. One such artist is Claus Oldenburg. He is a pop artist who creates sculpture that will change that way you will look at everyday items.

I am drawn to art that kids like. And kids like Oldenburg. They enjoy his vinyl toilet sculpture or his giant animal print fur Popsicles. But what really gets them going are his large scale sculptures. If you have a minute check out this link. It will make the kid inside you smile. I would love to know which one you like!

2 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Laura -
Thanks for that tip.
I am intrigued by her work. Went to the site. Can honestly say I had never heard of her (and I minored in Art History). Looking forward to seeing her work - up close and personal. I am really thankful. The fact that she used her art for the betterment of the people in her sphere. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Easter Picture!!!