Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Monkey Bread


I had a friend over this morning and I made monkey bread. It's super easy to make and turns out great. It reminds me of the Ladies Auxiliary meetings at church when I was a youngin. Thought I would share. You will need...

3 cans refrigerator biscuits
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
1 stick margarine
1 cup brown sugar


Mix the Cinnamon and white sugar in bowl. Roll the biscuits in the sugar mixture then quarter the biscuits. ( I use kitchen scissors, makes it very easy) Throw all the sugary biscuits in a greased bunt pan and then melt the margarine. Mix the margarine with the brown sugar and pour the mixture over the biscuits. I usually roll the pan around a bit to get the mixture in all the nooks and crannies. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and let it set for about 5 minutes, then turn on to a plate. This is a great recipe for kids learning to cook.
Sometimes I will sprinkle some pecans in the pan before I put the quartered biscuits in.

This stuff is super addicting! And I know it's not the healthiest morning option, but when you are having a friend over for coffee or you need something to take to a meeting it easy and fast

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try some monkey bread! Looks great

Allyson Hill said...

That does look great! I had that once as a child and loved it. It would be fun to make with my son. Do you have a favorite kind of refridgerator biscuit?

World Wide Alternative said...

Oh now...that's just so bad!
I love it! Xxx

World Wide Alternative said...

Oh my goodness! I just realised this post is 1 year old today!
Happy post day! Xxx

Cami said...

Hi, I found your blog through The Crafty Crow! This Monkey Bread looks so yummy, I can almost taste it! Thanks for sharing the recipe and the idea :)

Anonymous said...

This I don't need but, hot damn, I'm gonna make it anyhow! drooooooL

Anonymous said...

Excuse my double post, just wanted to say thank you (kinda) for pointing me in the right direction. This stuff was soooo good and I ate way too much (hence the kinda thank you). Thanks for making me a monkey bread champ with my boys! :) Tracey

charmingdate said...

Looks so disgusting !