Wednesday, August 29, 2007



I posted a link (back on June 26) from the dick blick art supply site that had loads of great art lessons available. I used the family tree lesson during some art classes I gave over the summer. I thought I would share my daughters. The kids enjoyed the lessons and it was great for introducing facial proportions. I did make some changes. I purchased the cheaper green Styrofoam cones and they fell apart super easy, instead of using clay to cover the cone I used plaster and had the kids paint it to look like tree bark. They all turned out great and the kids were busy talking about themselves and their family the whole time.


I also made little Bentley a small blanket to hold. They ran some test on Monday and the news is promising. I will update when I know the details.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the family tree project looks very fun!!!

Jennifer said...

I love the family tree lesson and still need to do it with my children. I am glad to know the little guy is doing better.

Unknown said...

Cool family tree project! I saw this beautiful stitched family tree at the quilt shop today- not as hands on with the kids as your project.

Can't wait to hear the good news about baby Bentley. I need to see more pics of his cute little face- aborable!